Monday, May 14, 2012

Sometimes only a yes will do

My husband is digging up our backyard to build another patio area.  He started the work yesterday and it rained all day today.

If there ever is a "perfect" kind of rain, it's the one that is steady and gentle with no threat of flash floods or thunderstorm.  We had it today. It was the kind that reminded me of when I was a little girl and delayed my walk home from school just to play in the puddles or get splashed by cars driving past.

So when my son asked if he could go outside and play in the rain, knowing full well our yard had plenty of mud that would require a laundry of clothes and cleaning up of the porch, I had to ask myself nine little words:
"What is the most loving thing I can say?"



YES!


YES YOU MAY!


YES, let's go outside together!


















There are just some days that only a "yes" will do. I'm sure I heard God squeal in delight.



Blessings for your day,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I look forward to reading your thoughts and sharing this space with you.