Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ring of Fire

It's been a busy day but nothing has excited me more than knowing the annual solar eclipse takes place today.  Unfortunately, we can't see it here in Virginia BUT it is visible in California AND I can watch it with a live feed.

Actually at the time of this posting, I'm listening to astronomer Scotty Degenhart broadcast from area 51 in Nevada. He is so funny in a "nerdy" kind of way and I love it.

My favorite part was when he told his viewers that he was going to put on a Hydrogen-Alpha Filter on the camera so we could all get a better view. I couldn't tell who was more excited, me or Scotty. The fun part was that it WORKED! Viewers like me could see the solar flares. My daughter was also in the room and thought it pretty neat-O. She asked a lot of questions. I love that!

Ultimately, those lucky enough to be in the right place with the right equipment will get to see the Ring of Fire Eclipse and experience the changing sensations around them. For the rest of us, a picture will have to do. Isn't she beautiful?


Courtesy of Space.com


Good job Scotty. I found your sweet "nerdy" commentary perfect...because I would have done the exact same thing and I thank you!

Thank you also to Space.com because you always have great, accurate information and I can always find what I need quickly and easily.

Everyone should check them out every once in a while. Totally rocks!


Blessings for your day,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I look forward to reading your thoughts and sharing this space with you.