Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I have a Dr's note!

It's a good thing David Jeremiah's book Why the Nativity? is easy and each section takes about three minutes to read.

Why?

Well...because we got hit with a nasty bug.  Our daughter has asthma and it's a battle to keep pneumonia away from her.  So far so good but she went downhill Sunday afternoon and missed school yesterday.  Our son simply relishes in the fact that he is a WARRIOR and can take anything!

"Give me medicine, mom. I can do it!"

He was showing off because his sister can't stand taking medicine and starts to cry...much like her momma.  Poor thing.

Also, my health issues have seemed to take on a life of it's own. I've been to the doctor again and was told to keep a journal of my days over the next couple of weeks.  Then if I don't improve by January, I can see my doctor as a follow up and go from there.

Now, I have a nasty head cold.  Sitting here I feel like I have a vice on my head pressing in through my ears.

Sheesh. Somebody please put me out to pasture!

Add on top of all this...I am surrounded by friends who are suffering tremendous loss.  Some have no food, some are losing everything they've invested in, some don't have money for winter clothing, and some have lost loved ones to cancer...all in the past 10 days.

I am completely heart broken...and feeling helpless.

So my Dr's note?

As per the great Physician himself, I am taking a few more days to rest.  In the meantime, I will keep praying for others...and myself. I will also keep reading and will find a way to share Why the Nativity? with you. Like I said, I'm so glad they are short chapters. We can catch up together.

Did you end up getting one for yourself?








    If not, here is the link again.






Blessings for your day,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I look forward to reading your thoughts and sharing this space with you.