Thursday, April 29, 2010

Music to Inspire

Music is such an inspiration for me. Well, then again so is photography and nature walks and babies and reading and friends and making videos and my husband and food and … the list goes on. Sheesh! I’m exhausting.

Anyway.

The point is music is an energy producer for me and most of us can find a song to fit almost any situation or emotion. I have a few new favorites and I would like to share one with you.

Most of you have been following "Time with my Father" but do not know I have been in knee bending conversations about these nine little words I ask and the requests being made. I wrote on my facebook status about two weeks ago:

“amazed at how [9littlewords] opens my eyes and grows my heart”

I wrote that because I had finished having a "safe" conversation with a random young woman I had just met. I’ll tell you her story at a later time (all in due time…all in due time). The conversation felt so safe that I was compelled to ask her those nine little words.

I haven’t stopped thinking about her since.

This leads me to telling you about the music I have finally posted to the blog. There is a song by JJ Heller called “Love Me” which reminds me of every encounter I have had. I wanted to tell you about it but kept getting distracted. Then today happened and so much of the beauty of those endless and expansive blue skies reminded me of her…who I haven’t stopped thinking about.

How many people are out there who just want to be seen and loved?

I don’t know.

I hope this song inspires you to find out. Share yourselves. Share your time. Christ was willing to die for love. You don’t have to because He already paid the price. All you have to do is show it.

The song “Love Me” is second in cue.

Here are the lyrics. Enjoy. Be inspired to love. To be loved.



Love Me
JJ Heller

He cries in the corner where nobody sees
He’s the kid with the story no one would believe
He prays every night, “Dear God won’t you please
Could you send someone here who will love me?”


Who will love me for me
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love
What love really means


Her office is shrinking a little each day
She’s the woman whose husband has run away
She’ll go to the gym after working today
Maybe if she was thinner
Then he would’ve stayed
And she says…


Who will love me for me?
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me?
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love, what love really means


He’s waiting to die as he sits all alone
He’s a man in a cell who regrets what he’s done
He utters a cry from the depths of his soul
“Oh Lord, forgive me, I want to go home”


Then he heard a voice somewhere deep inside
And it said
“I know you’ve murdered and I know you’ve lied
I have watched you suffer all of your life
And now that you’ll listen, I’ll tell you that I...”


I will love you for you
Not for what you have done or what you will become
I will love you for you
I will give you the love
The love that you never knew

...

Hate is easy. Love takes courage.




 

3 comments:

  1. So, so, so beautiful. I don't think I've ever heard that song before. How could that be?

    I'm anxiously awaiting hearing the story you are teasing us with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear friend, Aslan is on the move. Love you and am so thankful God brought us together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE.....can change the world. A smile, a random act of kindness, holding the door for a stranger, extending kindness to someone who isn't showing it to you, LOVING the unlovable! These are things that Jesus would do.....things that He DID do. This is how we should live.....loving people for who they are.....our brothers and sister in Christ. Sometimes (a lot of times) this can be really hard but I believe that growth comes from doing hard things! LOVE HARD!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I look forward to reading your thoughts and sharing this space with you.