Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Loving UP


 1 The heavens declare the glory of God,
       and the skies announce what his hands have made.
 2 Day after day they tell the story;
       night after night they tell it again.
 3 They have no speech or words;
       they have no voice to be heard. (Psalm 19:1-3, New Century Version)


Part of worshiping in my God’s time is being awed by our Creator’s handiwork and delighting in the freedom to take as many pictures as my heart desires. There are places in nature I sense God’s presence the most and there is no more powerful place for me other than the sky.

I love looking at the sky.

From the brightest, bluest expanses adorned with great white powder puff clouds to sunrise or sunset horizons. Even the gray overcast cover or swirling greens before a hot summer storm, speak to me of His majesty.  Not to mention a clear night standing outside looking up at His handiwork and gazing at the wonder of His hands and I could be missing for days!

Drive by my house and you may catch me simply looking “up” out the window or laying flat on our driveway just as a wicked thunderstorm is rolling in and ready to unleash fury - snapping away pictures. (Hey, I have to stay safe. Priorities people!)

The more I stand in jaw dropping amazement, the more I fall in love with Him. Have I gotten my point across? Good.

Now let me throw in something else.

I can be equally captivated by planes flying through those vast skies. Why? I have no idea. But I invite you to share in some of those moments I’ve captured along my path.


Storms rolling in...




... and coming home...


...for a safe landing


I mean, seriously ? HOW AWESOME!

Soft down feather...

Peeking through...


More planes...I love the blue belly...


...way up HIGH...



...and my current favorite capture...


...

They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. (Rm 1:19, 20)


I remember the above passage as I look at the world around me and try not to take for granted the beauty that surrounds us all...just so I can "see" Him. His powerful wisdom takes my breath away in its simplicity. 

How do you refresh your knowledge of our Creator along this beaten path we walk on?  I would love to read about your..."snapshots".
Photographs by Lisa Arnold

2 comments:

  1. I love your photos! Like you, I am so amazed by nature and wonder how in the WORLD some people cannot believe that God is behind it all. It seems even in the darkest and storminess of skies, there are always rays of sunshine bursting through the tiniest of holes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Lisa. I love looking at the sky too. I, however, am a lot less poetic. I usually look for camel or doggie shaped clouds. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I look forward to reading your thoughts and sharing this space with you.